Professional Learning on Nantucket
● Would you like to Get a Community College Degree without Leaving the Island?
● Do you want to Gain Work Experience, Get Paid for It, and Earn College Credit?
You can enroll at the Community College of Rhode Island. You will earn an on-island Certificate and/or Associate Degree by taking 3/4 of the courses remotely. You will supplement the courses with seminars and roundtables that will be offered on the island in face-to-face settings. Mentoring options will also be available.
During the summer season when the economy is at its peak, you will work in jobs and/or internships. You will receive college credit if you attend discussion roundtables to help you connect lessons learned in class with skills learned on the job and complete a term paper.
In addition to receiving compensation for your internships, you may apply for scholarships to help you with tuition and fees.
Please express your interest by completing and submitting the form below.
For Local Supporters:
For business owners, parents, friends, business owners, working professionals, retirees, and summer residents:
● Do you support the Nantucket Community College Initiative?
● Would you like to teach a course, lead discussion roundtables, or mentor students?
● Would you like to employ an intern during the summer?
● Would you like to volunteer in a creative manner?
We would like to identify individuals from the local community who are interested in teaching courses, leading seminars, facilitating roundtable discussions, and/or mentoring students in the program. Pedagogy workshops on teaching and learning as well as coaching sessions will be offered through Learning Ledgers. Instructors & mentors will need to be approved by the Community College of Rhode Island.
Please complete the form below to show your support for this initiative and/or to express your interest in participating.
Questions or comments?
Please contact Esther Zirbel: EZirbel@LearningLedgers.org
Share this with your friends